back to thumbnails

Winds of Change

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 30 of 49
< Prev Next >
031 0Z6A8723.jpg
Uzbekistan - Tashkent - Children walking along the narrow streets of Old Tashkent. This is a historical north-western part of Tashkent where the city was located before the Turkestan general-governorship was formed in 1865. The name “Old City” came in the period of tsarist colonialism, when the Russian administration began building a new city. An unofficial border between the Old and New cities was the Anhor channel. <br />
The majority of the architectural monuments in the territory of the Old City belong to the second half of the XV and the beginning of the XVI centuries.